Pat is a husband, father, coach and crossfitter! He was first introduced to CrossFit in 2009 and was immediately drawn to its methodology. Post college athletics, Pat continued to compete/participate in racing mountain bikes, running and triathlons…and after years of chasing around younger hockey players in pick up leagues around the cities, he decided to hang up the skates in 2011 to focus on CrossFit as a sport.
Pat is an entrepreneur by nature and is the Co-Founder of CrossFit SISU which opened in April of 2010.
Pat is a tenacious competitor and grew up playing hockey, which brought him to Minnesota to attend Bethel College, where he earned a degree in Finance and Economics. While there, he played varsity hockey and earned the “Hardest Worker” award 2 years in a row via nomination and awarded by votes from teammates.
Growing up around weight rooms and training facilities, Pat quickly recognized CrossFit as the training methodology that would disrupt the current training methods.
- 14th Fittest Man 50-54 Age Division, CrossFit Games, 2018
- 7th place in the 2018 CrossFit Games Age Group Qualifier
- 33rd place in the world in the 2018 CrossFit Game Open
- 65th place worldwide in the 2014 CrossFit Sectionals Masters Division 45-49
- 4th place in the Central Region in the 2014 CrossFit Games Open
- 1st place in Minnesota in the 2014 CrossFit Games Open
- 2nd place in the 2014 Granite Games Masters Division 45-49
- 1st place in the 2013 Granite Games Master’s Division, 45-49
How I Found CrossFit
“A friend invited me to his house to do a workout called “CrossFit” in December of 2009. He had a small 2 car garage half full of typical garage stuff, and the other half had a box, a barbell and some 25lb bumper plates. We quickly went over the movements, sumo deadlift high pull, box jump and the dreaded burpee. Pretty simple, 21-15-9 reps of each. With Metallica blasting out of the radio and the clock counting down…3…2…1…GO! Needless to say, I came out pretty hot and barely finished under the 15 minute time cap. I am not sure what happened, but I knew I had worked harder than ever…I was immediately hooked.”
BA in Finance and Economics
CrossFit Level 1
Secret Ninja Movement
Anything squatting with a barbell
Ring Muscle Ups
Favorite Cheat Meal
Tacos and beer! Or just beer!