Changes at SISU to Prevent the Spread of COVID-19
As you all are aware, the Coronavirus has taken on a life of it’s own, and it’s in our best interest to do our part in not enabling it’s spread. Our goal is to reduce the spread of the coronavirus and still allow a place for all to workout. As we all know, exercise has a direct impact on our mental state. Exercise helps manage stress and anxiety, which each of us is feeling to some degree during this time.
With that thought in mind, we will be implementing the following changes:.
- Bring a Friend is cancelled. There will be no drop-ins; there will be no friends. Please know we will turn them away.
- We will implement the following class caps at each and every class. No exceptions. SIGN UP IN WODIFY!
- Plymouth Studio A: 18 People
- Plymouth Studio B: 16 People
- Excelsior Studio A: 16 People
- Excelsior Studio B: 10 People
- We will be offering a home WOD if you choose to not come to the gym or are unable to make it given kids at home.
- We encourage everyone to minimize hanging out before or after class until things return to normal.
- We are going to ask that no kids be brought to the gym during this time.
We need your help in following through on the above temporary changes until we can get to the other side of this. Afterall, staying healthy will reduce the risk and help thwart off any serious effects from the virus!
We are asking everyone to please stay home if feeling at all sick or presenting any symptoms, and encourage their friends and family to do the same.
We should be decreasing close contact as much as possible. Please, kindly, give each other extra space. Public health professionals are recommending “social distancing.” Maintain physical space between one another to try to slow the transmission of Covid-19. The CDC recommendations are to keep six to ten feet away from other people in public spaces.
Please don’t touch one another. Much of the transmission of Covid-19 is believed to be person-to-person with people coughing, sneezing, or touching their nose and mouth and touching somebody else.
Please wash hands between coughing, sneezing, touching nose and mouth, and touching any surfaces. It is believed that transmission occurs on surfaces.
Wash your hands upon entering SISU, and then wash your hands frequentlywhile you are here.
Last but not least, if you have travelled internationally within the last 14 days, we ask that you stay home to ensure you are not carrying any virus that has the potential to be spread.
Pat & Thomas