Coming back at you with another tasty protein treat! If you missed the Ascent Protein Fat Elvis donut recipe, be sure to go check that out, but for now, we have some protein cupcakes to tickle your tastebuds and pump up your protein!
Ingredients for Cupcakes (makes 12)
- 91g Vanilla Ascent Whey Protein
- 36g Coconut Flour
- 275g Oikos Triple Zero Vanilla Greek Yogurt, divided
- 12g Truvia sweetner
- 10g Granulated sugar
- 12g Baking Power
- 10g cinnamon
- 10g nutmeg
- 275g egg whites
- 100g Unsweetened applesauce
- 30g All purpose flour
Ingredients for Frosting
- 180g Oikos Triple Zero Vanilla Greek Yogurt
- 24g Vanilla Ascent Whey Protein
- 5g cinnamon
- 2g Truvia sweetner
Ingredients for Protein Icing
- 20g Vanilla Ascent Whey Protein
- 15g Powdered Sugar
- 30g Oikos Triple Zero Vanilla Greek Yogurt
- 1-2g Truvia
- 10g Dark chocolate curls
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Add dry ingredients into a bowl and mix. Then take wet ingredients and add to a separate bowl and mix. Combine dry ingredients with wet ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Spray cupcake mold with non-stick spray and add batter. Bake for 12-18 minutes. When you see cracking in the tops of the cupcakes and a golden color, you’ll know they’re ready.
- Take them out and let cool at room temperature on a cooling rack. Make up your protein frosting by adding ingredients in a bowl and mix until smooth. Add to fridge to cool.
- Now make up your protein icing by combining all three ingredients and mixing. Then add 5-10ml of cold water and mix. Be careful not to add too much water.
- Once all is ready, add frosting to cupcakes and top with chocolate curls or topping of your choice. Then add your protein icing into a small ziplock bag, cut a piece of the corner of the bag to swirl on top of the cupcakes. Enjoy!
Macros for One Cupcake
- 12 carbs
- 1.5 fat
- 15 protein
- 116 calories